Hewescraft welded aluminum fishing boats have been built in Colville, Washington since 1948, and although the brand has become the #1-selling fishing boat in the Pacific Northwest, the Hewes family has kept its production facility in the town where it was born. That means an exciting, professional work environment in a small-town atmosphere against a backdrop of the mountains, forests, lakes, and rivers of Northeastern Washington. The Colville area features fishing, hunting, boating, hiking, and more all within minutes of the Hewescraft factory.
Hewes Marine Company (HMC), the maker of Hewescraft boats, is seeking a talented Graphic Designer who will (under the supervision of the Director of Marketing/Sales) create print and web advertising messaging, point-of-purchase materials, newsletters, sales presentations, dealer bulletins, brochures, and other marketing materials to support the sales of the Pacific Northwest’s #1 fishing boat manufacturer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with HMC’s Sales and Marketing team to create and revise marketing materials from previous iterations, rough draft, or from scratch.
- Create and evolve an integrated, consistent, up-to-date look and feel, and common visual theme/tone that will enhance and effectively communicate the Hewescraft brand.
- Plan and execute advertising pieces from idea generation, to message development, and delivery.
- Prepare materials for final delivery (manage styles, embedding/link files, create interactive PDFs).
- Participate in photo and video shoots to provide assets for print and electronic media.
- Create and coordinate an effective social media campaign.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure marketing material quality, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Partner with outside design and production resources as necessary to produce high-quality print and electronic marketing materials.
- Design, produce, and modify sales sheets, dealer manuals, and owner’s manuals.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Marketing/Sales.
- BS/BA in Graphic Design, Production Art, Desktop Publishing or related field
- 2+ years of experience in similar design positions (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Excellent knowledge of print and website design, layout, and production
- Self-directed with excellent time-management skills
- Able to multi-task in an environment of shifting priorities
- Able to work well in a team environment with all levels of management
- Outstanding communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Full-time position
- Work schedule Monday–Friday
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Wage range for this position depends on experience.
- Hewes Marine Company Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid leave, 401K matching, and profit-sharing programs.
Hewes Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer